In SwimSafer Stage 3, the skills taught will cover slightly more advanced swimming and survival skills in the water. Advanced entry skills such as the stride jump will be taught in this stage.
Besides this, skills such as underwater swimming, sculling and using of the flotation will be taught in this stage as well. This professional Kids Swimming Lessons encourages kids to swim efficiently and continuously for at least 50 meters.
|Entries & Exits||Demonstrate a stride (straddle) entry|
|Sculling & Body Orientation||
1. Scull head-first on the back for 5m
2. Scull, float or tread water for 50 seconds
|Underwater Skills||Swim through hoops on pool bottom for 2m|
1. Swim 50m continuously - 25m Front Crawl and 25m Backstroke
2. Swim 25m Breaststroke and 25m Survival Backstroke
|Survival & Activity Skills (Without Goggles)||
1. Scull, float or tread water for 50 seconds
2. Dressed in swimwear, t-shirts and shorts, demonstrate:
- Swim 25m using survival backstroke or breaststroke to a PFD
- Correctly fit on a PFD in water
- Swim 50m with PFD
- Climb out of the water
1. Principles of Personal Safety and Survival
2. Environmental Awareness
3. Emergency Situations and Survival Techniques
4. Health Awareness
The SwimSafer 2.0 syllabus is designed to be a stranded testing system. The learner do not have to hold a pre-requisite certification in order to attend the higher test stages. For example, the learner is not required to attend SwimSafer Stage 2 before he/she attends Swimsafer Stage 3. All test levels are independent and certified coaches can send their kids to either level which they deem suitable.