In SwimSafer Stage 2, it is the second stage of the swimsafer swimming awards that includes prudent classes of sculling, surface dives, safety and awareness.
In this stage, swimming and survival skills will be taught under the supervision of skilled instructors and coaches, such as how to enter into the water without any help or assistance. This professional Kids Swimming Lessons encourages kids to swim efficiently and continuously for almost 25 meters.
|Entries & Exits||1. Demonstrate a step-in entry|
|Sculling & Body Orientation|| 1. Perform front float for 10 seconds|
2. Swim 5m on front, rollover
3. Perform back float for 10 seconds
4. Swim 5m on back
5. Scull, float or tread water for 30 seconds
|Underwater Skills||1. Search for and recover an object in chest deep (student's) water|
|Movement/Swimming/Strokes|| 1. Movement on front for 25m (alternating arms and legs or simultaneous arms and legs)|
2. Movement on back for 15m (alternating arms and legs or simultaneous arms and legs)
|Survival & Activity Skills (Without Goggles)|| 1. Scull, float or tread water for 30 seconds|
2. Dressed in swimwear, t-shirt and shorts, demonstrate:
- Swim for 15m using any survival stroke and exit safely from water
- Correctly fit on a PFD and jump into the water (at least 1.4m deep)
- Swim 25m with PFD, then climb out of the water
|Knowledge|| 1. Principles of Personal Safety and Survival |
2. Environmental Awareness
3. Emergency Situations and Survival Techniques
4. Health Awareness
The SwimSafer 2.0 syllabus is designed to be a stranded testing system. The learner do not have to hold a pre-requisite certification in order to attend the higher test stages. For example, the learner is not required to attend SwimSafer Stage 1 before he/she attends Swimsafer Stage 2. All test levels are independent and certified coaches can send their kids to either level which they deem suitable.