In SwimSafer Gold, it is the last stage of the swimsafer swimming awards and perhaps the important one; specifically recommended for the kids who wants to advance into competitive swimming or lifesaving courses.
Personal survival skills such as making use of clothing to make a personal flotation device and swimming with them will be covered in this stage. The Heat Escape Lessening Posture (H.E.L.P) technique will also be taught as well.
This professional Kids Swimming Lessons will require kids to perform a variety of strokes with efficiency over 400 meters within a given time frame for each stroke.
|Entries & Exits||Demonstrate a standing dive|
|Sculling & Body Orientation||Scull, float or tread water for 5 minutes|
|Underwater Skills|| 1. In 1.8m deep water, perform head-first surface dive (tuck or pike) and perform ear equalisation, if necessary|
2. Swim through hoops on pool bottom for 5m
- 100m Front Crawl (Within 3 minutes)
- 100m Breaststroke (Within 4 minutes)
- 100m Backstroke (Within 3 minute 20 seconds)
- 50m Survival Backstroke (No Timing)
- 50m Sidestroke (No Timing)
- 15m Butterfly
|Survival & Activity Skills (Without Goggles)|| Dressed in swimwear, t-shirt and long pants, perform the following sequence:|
- Enter deep water using compact jump
- Perform a head-first surface dive to a depth of at least 1.8m (perform ear equalisation, if necessary)
- Swim through hoops on pool bottom for 5m and resurface
- Swim for 45m quickly using Front Crawl
- Then, swim slowly for a further 50m using any preferred survival swim stroke
- Remove pants in deep water and make a float with it while treading water within 5 minutes
- Demonstrate Heat Escape Lessening Posture (H.E.L.P) technique with the self-made float for 1 minute
- Swim 25m with the self-made float and climb out of the water
|Knowledge|| 1. Principles of Personal Safety and Survival |
2. Environmental Awareness
3. Emergency Situations and Survival Techniques
4. Health Awareness
The SwimSafer 2.0 syllabus is designed to be a stranded testing system. The learner do not have to hold a pre-requisite certification in order to attend the higher test stages. For example, the learner is not required to attend SwimSafer Silver before he/she attends Swimsafer Gold. All test levels are independent and certified coaches can send their kids to either level which they deem suitable.