In SwimSafer Bronze, it is the advanced level course that includes longer distance swim. Emphasis will be placed on swim stroke movements and coordinated breathing technique.
Advanced stroke techniques such as side stroke is also introduced in this stage. This professional Kids Swimming Lessons encourages kids to swim with the correct stroke techniques for at least 100 meters.
|Entries & Exits||Demonstrate a compact jump|
|Sculling & Body Orientation|| 1. Demonstrate a forward somersault in the water|
2. Scull, float or tread water for 2 minutes
|Underwater Skills||In at least 1.4m deep water, perform feet-first surface dive, swim through hoops on pool bottom for 2m|
|Movement/Swimming/Strokes|| 1. Swim 100m continuously|
- 25m Front Crawl
- 25m Backstroke
- 25m Breaststroke
- 25m Survival Backstroke
|Survival & Activity Skills (Without Goggles)|| 1. Scull, float or tread water for 2 minutes|
2. Dressed in swimwear, t-shirt and shorts, demonstrate:
- 3 minutes swimming slowly using survival backstroke, sidestroke and survival breaststroke
- Changing every 15m
- Wave and call for help when he/she sees a "rescuer"
- Retrieve a flotation aid thrown by a "rescuer" (2m away)
- Kick to the side of the pool and exit
|Rescue Skills||Throw a flotation aid to a partner 2m away and instruct the partner to kick to the edge of the pool|
|Knowledge|| 1. Principles of Personal Safety and Survival |
2. Environmental Awareness
3. Emergency Situations and Survival Techniques
4. Health Awareness
The SwimSafer 2.0 syllabus is designed to be a stranded testing system. The learner do not have to hold a pre-requisite certification in order to attend the higher test stages. For example, the learner is not required to attend SwimSafer Stage 3 before he/she attends Swimsafer Bronze. All test levels are independent and certified coaches can send their kids to either level which they deem suitable.